Saturday, April 21, 2012

Chapters 8-11

After reading these chapters I saw many points where Holden was "Shooting The crap around". One example of this is when he is on the subway and he is talking with a lady who happens to be Ernies mother. Holden talks about how great Ernie is as a person and that he is pretty popular. "Then I really started chucking the old crap around....she shook her head. I had her in a trance, like. I really did." When he talks about shooting the crap around it doesn't sound like a new thing he does. You can tell he does this a lot because he lies a lot. He also lied to the mother about his name and that he had a brain cancer. Another time in these chapters I found Holden shooting around the crap when he is talking to those three girls at that night club thing. He talks about how 2 girls are really ugly but he goes up to them and acts like they are just so pretty and amazing people. "I started giving three witches at the next table the eye again....I'm not kidding, they were three real morons." He says all this stuff and yet he wants to dance with them. I don't understand why he can't be himself and not lie about everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment