Friday, April 20, 2012

After reading chapter 5 my emotions and feeling towards Holden changed a little. After hearing his story about his brother Allie, I felt really bad for Holden. When he talks about his brother he seems to have more emotion and seems to talk "more adult" like then childish. Because when he talks about pretty much anything else he us very childish but, he can talk about Allie forever. He wrote that one paper just about that glove and he got really in to it and was proud of it, till Stradlater told him that his paper was suppose to be about something else. I can't even imagine anything like this happening to any one of my brothers or sister it would be horrible. I don't know how Holden can deal with it. In someways I feel as if some of the reason Holden doesn't care if he is failing school or he is a bad kid because of the death of his brother. I think that when Allie was alive he had someone to live for and he wanted Allie to look up to him and since he died he has lost the fact that he should be a role model. An example of this is when Holden is taking about Allie and he mentions that when he was playing golf Allie was watching him from a distance. "and he was sitting there, about a hundred and fifty yards behind me, watching me tee off." This quote shows that Allie wanted to be like his brother and looked up to him.

1 comment:

  1. I agreed with a lot of what you said. I liked that you said that Holden was Allies role model, but I also think Allie was Holdens role model because everyone liked him and he wanted to be like Allie,but when he died Holden didn't have anyone to look up to.

    ReplyDelete